Sunday, December 9, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE

Well, I'm off to work. It is going to be a huge adjustment for both Joanne and I, with me going back to work. Although I plan to leave a little earlier each day, it will definitely add another challenge to the mix. We are all set up with rides to and from therapy. Friends, (the best friends in the entire world), are coming over to do laundry, shop and run errands as needed. So I expect this to be a smooth transition. I guess I am feeling a little protective and I'm not quite ready to leave.

We went for a short shopping trip this weekend and we picked up our Christmas tree as well. We decorated the house and tree. Even though we are so happy that Jo is home and doing so well, the tone was a little solemn. I think we all felt the difference in how much Joanne could and couldn't do. She has always been the executive in chief when it comes to decorating, so we were only running at half steam.

Please continue to lift her up in prayer so that she will not become discouraged or depressed. She has a long battle still ahead and she will need the endurance to get through this. Pray that I will have the endurance as well to be helpful, understanding and patient. Each day offers great hope and great challenges, we need to stay on track and not become discouraged.