Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday, November 13th

A note from Paul:

Thank you all for your unceasing prayers and support! Shuttling the kids, doing our laundry, making us meals each day. I am so grateful for you all! In fact, last night's dinner was shared with Joanne's sister Susan and her family. Susan has been at Joanne's side from the beginning. Honestly, I am not sure how her family has managed for the past week without her home. Last night's dinner was a huge blessing for them. Jo had a full day Monday. Speech therapy, occupational therapy where they hooked up her arm to electrodes to stimulate that stubborn right hand and wrist, and physical therapy where she is regaining her balance and strengthening her arms and legs. She is struggling to express herself. She can read well and comprehend, but she is still unable to articulate her thoughts. She did share that she was afraid and did not want to do this. She said, "I want to be well!" They have stopped the antibiotics for her bronchitis, since she has developed a rash all over her stomach and back, and it seems to have caused her tonsils to swell and become painful. Fun, fun, fun. Both Sam and Oliver are home sick today with sore throats. Sam saw the doc Monday and has antibiotics and Oliver is going today. I am starting to feel the burn, so please pray for endurance for me and that Joanne will not be fearful. Her spirits are mostly up, but each day is a struggle.



A note from Terry:

I just wanted to add... Yesterday I watched as Joanne did physical therapy and she is working so hard. Through her smiles though, my heart broke as I saw that look in her eye that said, "I don't want to be here." Please pray with me, today and beyond, that she will not be discouraged or afraid. Pray a protection around her heart and mind as she faces this daily routine of therapy, which is not only physically draining, but I would imagine even more so on a mental and emotional level. All this coupled with the fear of what's ahead and the fact that she cannot be at home with Paul and the kids right now. In spite of all this though, my heart was so touched to see and hear her singing along to the song, "You Are My Hiding Place." The words were so fitting... "You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance whenever I am afraid. I will trust in You. I will trust in You. Let the weak say, 'I am strong in the strength of the Lord.'" That's my prayer for her today. I'm typing out scriptures and personalizing them so she can pray them as she reads them. I came across one in particular that I'd like to share with you. The Living Bible translation reads, "I am going to keep on being glad, for I know that as you pray for me, and as the Holy Spirit helps me, this is all going to turn out for my good." Philippians 1:19. I loved how someone typed their prayer as a comment on the blog journal. What a great idea. I encourage others to do the same. By faith Joanne will FEEL our prayers, but what an encouragement for her to also READ our prayers on her behalf. Also, as Paul said, this is starting to catch up with the family and those who are lending help as well. Let's pray that same prayer for Paul and the kids, and everyone involved. Healing to their bodies. Protection over their hearts and minds. Strength in continuing to provide all the help that is needed. Blessings to each of you.